Foreign companies intending to produce films in Indonesia is obligated to do the following
- The relevant foreign company must submit an application to the Department of Culture and Tourism, c.q. the Directorate of Film, through any Indonesian Representative Office in its respective country. The application shall have the following attachments:
- Data of corporation, the crews, and their positions
- Copies of passports of the foreign personnel involved
- Synopsis of the project to be filmed
- Schedule and locations of shooting
- List of equipments to be brought in to Indonesia, accompanied with statements of intentions to re-export the equipments upon completion of the film production.
- Each application is subject to administrative examination by Department of Culture and Tourism, based on which the application shall be granted or refused. The evaluation team will be comprised of officers representing the Department of Foreign Affairs, the Department of Laws and Human Rights, the Department of Culture and Tourism, and other related authorities.
- In this regard, the Department of Culture and Tourism, c.q. the Directorate of Film will be the issuer of permits for filming in Indonesia, and will provide assistance during the production of the film in Indonesia.
- Approval or refusal of such application shall be decided at lasts 7 (seven) working days after the completion of all requirements.
- For filming in certain areas, the Directorate of Film may require the foreign company to be accompanied by an appointed supporting team, to ensure the smoothness of the film production. These areas are to be determined by the Directorate of Film.
- The foreign company is obligated to submit a copy of the produced in the form of Betacam video cassette to the Government of Indonesia, c.q. the Department of Culture and Tourism, to be used for non-commercial only.
Crews of the foreign companies, while conducting activities within the jurisdiction of Indonesia, is required to respect the local norms and traditions, as well as to comply with the prevailing laws and regulations.Download Application From.